Classes are held at
803 Morgan St
Broussard, LA 70518.
6 week series are held on Tuesday nights, Starting at 6pm*.
Each class will be around 2 hours, outside food and drinks are welcome.
Cost of the series will be $300 with a $100 deposit, due at registration, with the remainder due before the first class.
In this class you will learn the Six Healthy Birth Practices of Lamaze as well as numerous comfort measures and strategies for labor. These evidence-based practices, adapted from the World Health Organization, promote, protect and support natural, safe and healthy birth.
• Healthy Birth Practice 1: Let labor begin on its own
• Healthy Birth Practice 2: Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
• Healthy Birth Practice 3: Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support
• Healthy Birth Practice 4: Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
• Healthy Birth Practice 5: Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body's urges to push
• Healthy Birth Practice 6: Keep mother and baby together - It's best for mother, baby and breastfeeding